This morning Governor McAuliffe announced that the proposed ramp over Gallows Road is cancelled.
The Governor said this change was made specifically in response to residents' concerns.
THANK YOU ALL FOR SPEAKING UP AND ENGAGING WITH OUR PUBLIC OFFICIALS!
Today we celebrate, however, the project continues at a rapid pace and we must stay engaged to eliminate the remaining negative impacts on our community:
- Reducing ramp heights at the 495 & 66 interchange;
- Maintaining treelines and land at Stenwood Elementary, Dunn Loring Woods, and Prichards Corner;
- Minimizing impacts at the Nutley interchange;
- Noise, pollution and safety concerns related to tractor trailers on HOT lanes and a HOT lane speed limit of 70mph;
- Anticipated disruptions during construction (We deserve a Residents Bill of Rights); and
- Fair, reasonable, and respectful negotiations with residents impacted by partial and total right of way takings
This is the beginning of the final design stage and it is more important than ever to stay active and engaged. We will work to keep you informed of the proposed changes and meeting dates but please contact us if you hear anything.
Transform 66 Wisely